The Original Bellends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What book are you reading at the moment?

+3
Leonard Cohen
andrews
Look at my Dogs
7 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 4 Empty Re: What book are you reading at the moment?

Post  bluekatrock Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:32 pm

oh my god- half blood prince is still my favourite.
onto the 7th Cool
well...i don't remember much of this one, apart from camping...a dragon.....and a whole bunch of my fave characters kickin' the bucket....
bluekatrock
bluekatrock

https://www.facebook.com/bluekatrock

Back to top Go down

What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 4 Empty Re: What book are you reading at the moment?

Post  andrews Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:53 pm

bluekatrock wrote:oh my god- half blood prince is still my favourite.
onto the 7th Cool
well...i don't remember much of this one, apart from camping...a dragon.....and a whole bunch of my fave characters kickin' the bucket....
Im really unsure as to my favourite. But maybe Half Blood Prince.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  bluekatrock Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:10 pm

I thought y'all favourite was the 5th?
bluekatrock
bluekatrock

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:17 pm

bluekatrock wrote:I thought y'all favourite was the 5th?
Its a toss up to be honest. When i read through them again i should know.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonard Cohen Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:01 pm

about to start reading koji suzuki's "ring". no doubt within a few days i shall produce an equation comparing it to the two films inspired by it. im sure this equation will involve ">"s and "<"s...
Leonard Cohen
Leonard Cohen
Admin

http://sadsongsforimmaturelovers.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Look at my Dogs Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:30 am

since i have been away i have read two books and am half way through my third.

the prestige by christofer priest. which is brilliant. not as good as the film, but then again not much is. very different from the film. much different ending.

erm,
oh yeh, explaining death to the dog by susan perabo. which is, just, brilliant.

and i am currently reading the boat by nam le. which is turning out to be pretty good.
Look at my Dogs
Look at my Dogs

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:48 am

I really wanna get Koji Suzuki's Spiral.

Im just about to start reading The History of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russell. Well i will read the first 'book' which focuses on Ancient Greek and Roman Philosophy and then read the other two 'books' some other time.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  bluekatrock Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:50 am

Deathly Hallows ain't as good as I remember it to be, granted I've only just got past the bit in Malfoy Manor......too much camping. haha.
bluekatrock
bluekatrock

Back to top Go down

Post  Look at my Dogs Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:53 am

bluekatrock wrote:Deathly Hallows ain't as good as I remember it to be, granted I've only just got past the bit in Malfoy Manor......too much camping. haha.

just promise me you wont read the last chapter.
Look at my Dogs
Look at my Dogs

Back to top Go down

Post  bluekatrock Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:58 am

The unnecessary chapter of the future?
Oh man, it was so not needed.
bluekatrock
bluekatrock

Back to top Go down

Post  Look at my Dogs Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:02 am

bluekatrock wrote:The unnecessary chapter of the future?
Oh man, it was so not needed.

it belittled the whole series.
Look at my Dogs
Look at my Dogs

Back to top Go down

Post  bluekatrock Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:08 pm

it made me sick.
no, wait, yes...yes it did.

She could have killed harry, writing about his future was just another way of avoiding the pressure to write more books. if y'all know what i mean.
bluekatrock
bluekatrock

Back to top Go down

Post  gilbeygilbeygilbeygilbey Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:15 pm

bluekatrock wrote:writing about his future was just another way of avoiding the pressure to write more books. if y'all know what i mean.

But killing Harry would have meant she would receive thousands of poorly written letters from 13 years-olds complaining.

That said, it was still a waste of paper.
gilbeygilbeygilbeygilbey
gilbeygilbeygilbeygilbey
Admin

http://gibley.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  bluekatrock Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:32 am

I finished the 7th. Just thought I'd put that out there.
That last chapter still makes me cringe, there's still too much camping at the beginning but the 2nd half is good, and the ending...and oh, snape.

But throughout all of it, I was more worried about George.
What will he do without Fred? Did their joke shop still carry on? Did business boom post-voldemort?

Give me answers about that Rowling!!...
I don't care if Dumbledore was gay!...Tell me about Weasley's Wizard Wheezes!

Oh wait, you did? Well, thank you.
bluekatrock
bluekatrock

Back to top Go down

Post  Look at my Dogs Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:37 am

bluekatrock wrote:I finished the 7th. Just thought I'd put that out there.
That last chapter still makes me cringe, there's still too much camping at the beginning but the 2nd half is good, and the ending...and oh, snape.

But throughout all of it, I was more worried about George.
What will he do without Fred? Did their joke shop still carry on? Did business boom post-voldemort?

Give me answers about that Rowling!!...
I don't care if Dumbledore was gay!...Tell me about Weasley's Wizard Wheezes!

Oh wait, you did? Well, thank you.

mabe george killed himself because he couldnt live without the person he had spent the last twenty years of his life, non stop, with.
Look at my Dogs
Look at my Dogs

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:40 am

She really filled out the info between the the final two chapters. I read it all somewhere, but cannot remember where. But its fairly obvious stuff. Harry and Ron become Aurors. Hermione continues with SPEW. George marries Angelina etc.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  Look at my Dogs Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:41 am

andrews wrote:She really filled out the info between the the final two chapters. I read it all somewhere, but cannot remember where. But its fairly obvious stuff. Harry and Ron become Aurors. Hermione continues with SPEW. George marries Angelina etc.

most of it is far to tied up in a neat little package.

i mean, for everything that happened, she really made sure to keep the last moments of the book upbeat. and for that the series as a whole just seems, pointless...
Look at my Dogs
Look at my Dogs

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:43 am

Look at my Dogs wrote:
andrews wrote:She really filled out the info between the the final two chapters. I read it all somewhere, but cannot remember where. But its fairly obvious stuff. Harry and Ron become Aurors. Hermione continues with SPEW. George marries Angelina etc.

i mean, for everything that happened, she really made sure to keep the last moments of the book upbeat. and for that the series as a whole just seems, pointless...
I am inclined to agree with this. But they are at heart childrens book and so she need ed to tie with a proper ending as opposed to just ending it and leaving things open.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  Look at my Dogs Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:46 am

andrews wrote:
Look at my Dogs wrote:

I am inclined to agree with this. But they are at heart childrens book and so she need ed to tie with a proper ending as opposed to just ending it and leaving things open.

understandable, but reading the end it feels like books 2-6 were just filler. if you get what i mean... there was no real, great, development. it lead to exactly were you knew it was going to lead.... which, is probably a sign of good storytelling..

but it kind of lacks the depth of some the previous books, and the series as a whole...
Look at my Dogs
Look at my Dogs

Back to top Go down

Post  bluekatrock Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:47 am

...............Draco was the master of the elder wand.....but I thought you had to kill to be master of it? He didn't kill Dumbledore, just merely disarmed him surely?
bluekatrock
bluekatrock

Back to top Go down

Post  Look at my Dogs Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:48 am

bluekatrock wrote:...............Draco was the master of the elder wand.....but I thought you had to kill to be master of it? He didn't kill Dumbledore, just merely disarmed him surely?

tut, tut. havent you just read the books dear...
Look at my Dogs
Look at my Dogs

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:50 am

You had to overcome the current master. Dumbledore does it to Grindelwald in 1945. Voldemort makes your mistake hence him killing Grindelwald at Nuremgard.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  bluekatrock Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:53 am

Yeah.....I failed.

Draco called his kid Scorpius. What a dick.
bluekatrock
bluekatrock

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonard Cohen Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:24 pm

just finished high fidelity. very nearly as good as the film. maybe if id read the book first id prefer it. unfortunately, i have jack blacks voice going on in my head whenever Barry does anything. that doesnt help its cause, i must confess.
interestingly, y'know that conversation in the film where rob is talking about "i havent seen evil dead 2 yet"? well, in the book they do it with resevoir dogs instead. pretty funny, considering we ourselves were recently talkin bout a lack of seeing resevoir dogs.
got philip k dicks paycheck to read next.
Leonard Cohen
Leonard Cohen
Admin

http://sadsongsforimmaturelovers.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  bluekatrock Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:31 am

I'm really getting into Taco Bell, I love it. Very Happy
bluekatrock
bluekatrock

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next