The Original Bellends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What book are you reading at the moment?

+3
Leonard Cohen
andrews
Look at my Dogs
7 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 6 Empty Re: What book are you reading at the moment?

Post  andrews Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:31 am

The Diving Bell and The Butterfly. Got a little bit more to read and i will have finished it. Excellent book. I read most of it going to and from Southend East today for a job interview.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 6 Empty Re: What book are you reading at the moment?

Post  bluekatrock Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:39 am

andrews wrote:The Diving Bell and The Butterfly. Got a little bit more to read and i will have finished it. Excellent book. I read most of it going to and from Southend East today for a job interview.

How'd that go, by the way?
bluekatrock
bluekatrock

https://www.facebook.com/bluekatrock

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:44 am

bluekatrock wrote:
andrews wrote:The Diving Bell and The Butterfly. Got a little bit more to read and i will have finished it. Excellent book. I read most of it going to and from Southend East today for a job interview.

How'd that go, by the way?
It went quite well i think. i was really nervous mostly because i had never been to Southend East before and had no idea how to get to the YMCA from there. But luckily it was about 2 minute walk and on the side going back to Southend Central.

I hear back from em next week i think. So fingers crossed as the cliche goes.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  Look at my Dogs Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:26 am

ah man this book is life changing.

read it one evening.
absolutely amazing.
Look at my Dogs
Look at my Dogs

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:29 am

Look at my Dogs wrote:

ah man this book is life changing.

read it one evening.
absolutely amazing.
The chapter in which he describes father's day. Playing hangman with his son and his daughter doing gymnastics. Was one of the most beautiful and saddest things i have ever read.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  bluekatrock Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:01 pm

I am still reading through the Sherlock series. I have almost finished The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. It's taking me a while, but each short story in it is absolutely brilliant and awesome. I love it so. I love you
bluekatrock
bluekatrock

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:10 pm

The Simulacra by Philip K Dick. Man do i love PKD.

After this i am finally gonna read Murakami.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  bluekatrock Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:50 pm

I am breaking the forum silence to say I read Kick Ass and it was pretty good!
I'm now reading Hound of the Baskervilles, as I am determined to read every story in that huge Sherlock collection!
bluekatrock
bluekatrock

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonard Cohen Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:03 pm

speaking of graphic novels, i found a scott pilgrim book in waterstones, and had a quick flick through it. its really funny. i hope all the little fourth-wall jokes and meta-commentary get kept for the film. knowing edgar wright's geekery, im sure they will.
as for books im actually reading, i re-read high fidelity. love it. love it love it love it
Leonard Cohen
Leonard Cohen
Admin

http://sadsongsforimmaturelovers.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:52 am

I have not read anything for a while. Im not sure whether to read Kick-Ass, or try and read my 3 Cormac Mccarthy books which are looking tempting right about now.

Kick-Ass involves actually buying or borrowing it.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6