The Original Bellends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 'films that people have seen recently' thread.

+5
andrews
Leonard Cohen
Look at my Dogs
Dinja Nuckie
-
9 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

The 'films that people have seen recently' thread. - Page 14 Empty Re: The 'films that people have seen recently' thread.

Post  andrews Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:38 pm

I watched Forrest Gump on Sunday that is a good movie.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

The 'films that people have seen recently' thread. - Page 14 Empty Re: The 'films that people have seen recently' thread.

Post  andrews Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Just watched Spirited Away. Ben?! dick good film. Seriously amazing movie actually. Smile I really hope Ponyo get a release at Vue as it is by the same director/writer Hayao Miyazaki.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:11 pm

Battle Royale. A pretty good movie actually. But it suffers from lack of character development. But it tries to adapt a 500+ novel with about 40+ characters into a timeframe of 109 minutes. So it is only to be expected. But still a mostly faithful and enjoyable movie.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  Reckoner Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:50 am

Swordfish.

Which wasn't all that great.
But watchable.

LA Confidential.

Which I love.
But watchable.

I didn't watch Wanted.
Or Good Night and Good Luck.
Or that other one.

MAYBE I SHOULD.
Reckoner
Reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post  Look at my Dogs Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:24 am

Reckoner wrote:Swordfish.

But watchable.

haha, boobies.
Look at my Dogs
Look at my Dogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Reckoner Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:26 am

Look at my Dogs wrote:
Reckoner wrote:Swordfish.

But watchable.

haha, boobies.

Ha.
Best part.

Best PARTS.

BREAST PARTS.

...and I'm done.
Reckoner
Reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post  Reckoner Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:30 pm

I watched Coffee and Cigarettes quite a long while ago.

Surprisingly good in places, but positively dripping with pretention. It's one of those films that you watch and it kind of drifts past you, but all these memorable moments seem slap you about the face when thinking back to it later.

Surprising highlights include Cate Blanchett playing two wildly different roles at the same time, Steve Coogan & Alfred Molina talking about the links between them, Iggy Pop & Tom Waits generally being incredibly awkward ("you sayin' I'm a Taco Bell kinda guy?"), GZA & RZA from the Wu-Tang Clan talking to a burnt-out Bill Murray about the benefits of gargling with hydrogen peroxide, and quite a strange bit featuring Jack White, Meg White & a tesla coil.

I watched Broken Flowers quite a short while ago.

Brilliant, brilliant film.
That Bill Murray, he is both a fine actor and a complete legend.

I watched The Limits of Control yesterday.

What an amazing piece of work.
Admittedly, roughly all of the film is some black guy travelling from place to place, but it boasts some of the best minimal storytelling and manipulation of soundtrack I've ever seen in a film.

That Jim Jarmusch, man.

...he makes films.
Reckoner
Reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:45 pm

I just added a bunch of Jarmusch films to my total film list.

I have watched recently. Terminator 2 again. I really do love that movie. Maybe Edward Furlong should've reprised his role as John Connor for Terminator Salvation. But even more maybe it should never have been made and series should've ended with the second.

And also First Blood: Part I aka Rambo I. Surprisingly not shit. Not surprisingly utterly implausible. Only major guff with what was a fun and enjoyable action movie was a rather shoddy ending in which Sly Stallone was seemingly a couple bits of paper with a poorly written 'Nam story on it to try and give the film an anti-war message. I wanted to scream at the screen writer we know he is a damaged 'Nam vet he just went ape shit on a load of people dont be all meaningful now. Mad
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:58 pm

I have watched. My Kid Could Paint That, a documentary about a 4 year that became famous on the Avant-Garde/Abstract art scene in America.

Summer Interlude and Summer With Monika by Ingmar Bergman. Both bittersweet and somewhat dark films about teen romance. I was surprised to see him non philosophical films so well actually.

Toy Story 2 in 3D. It hasnt aged aswell as Toy Story 1 which is odd because i remember 2 being my favourite Pixar movie. But it is still very good and thoroughly enjoyable. The 3D didnt make an overwhelming difference kinda like with the first one.

And i have just finished watching Thirst. Which is very good and another awesome movie for Park Chan-Wook to add to his CV. Very Happy Im not gonna say anything cause i dont wanna spoil it for peeps.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonard Cohen Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:59 am

The 'films that people have seen recently' thread. - Page 14 WantedKeyboard

frikkin awesome film
Leonard Cohen
Leonard Cohen
Admin

http://sadsongsforimmaturelovers.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:04 am

Ben?! love Wanted.

I have watched 71 Fragments of A Chronology of Chance. A Michael Haneke ensemble film about a guy that shot up a bank and then suicided himself. This is revealed in the opening credits and is there not a spoiler.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:50 am

Watched Society last night. A really good black comedy about the upper classes feeding of the lower classes. But it will be forever remembered for a 5 second bit with a man with a face for an arse.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  Reckoner Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 pm

I watched Intolerable Cruelty last night.
My gosh, what a surprisingly good film.

I was wary to watch it,
but then I realised that I had been ignoring the third commandment of film:

Thou shalt not underestimate the Coen brothers.

Overall, a delightfully fun movie.
Stellar work all round.
Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Oh, and Amores Perros again.
A tiring film.
Though thinking of it, that may have been because we started watching it at 11.30 and it finished at two in the morning.

Hmm.. perhaps I should look into this..
Reckoner
Reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Intolerable Cruelty is damn good movie. Cedric The Entertainer was pretty brilliant in it.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  Reckoner Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:24 pm

andrews wrote:Cedric The Entertainer was pretty brilliant in it.

Oh, how he nailed those asses.

Billy Bob Thornton was in that film too.
Apparently pretty good at being good in films.
Judging from that film wot I watched, and that other one.

Pushing Tin, it was called.
Reckoner
Reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Reckoner wrote:

Billy Bob Thornton is incredible in The Man Who Wasn't There to paraphrase an IMDB review the mans craggy chiselled features suit film noir perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUoRUdjn_Qg
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiggers Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:36 pm

Reckoner wrote:Billy Bob Thornton ... Apparently pretty good at being good in films.
andrews wrote:Billy Bob Thornton is incredible

Love that man.
Chiggers
Chiggers

http://xbeforea.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Reckoner Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:37 pm

andrews wrote:
Reckoner wrote:

Billy Bob Thornton is incredible in The Man Who Wasn't There to paraphrase an IMDB review the mans craggy chiselled features suit film noir perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUoRUdjn_Qg

Speaking of which, I now have a desire to watch all Coen brothers films.
I'd like to own them, to be honest.

Where did you get your brilliant boxset from, Blandrews?
Was it Jesus?
I can only find supremely inferior ones.

I already own The Big Lebowski, Barton Fink, Fargo & Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?..
Wondering if it'd be worth buying the individual DVDs of the others..
Reckoner
Reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:41 pm

My mum bought it from Amazon for me Christmas 2008. It is no longer available it seems.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Coen-Collection-1984-2004/dp/B0012B5YCA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1265755211&sr=8-1
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:47 pm

I watched Visitor Q. That Takashi Miike he knows how to make films. This was a very good movie with sections so distasteful but performed in such a straight manner it becomes amazingly funny. Possibly more creepy than Audition amazingly but easier to follow because it has no dream or surrealism sequences.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiggers Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:15 am

Edward Scissorhands, finally.

Tim Burton. <3
Chiggers
Chiggers

http://xbeforea.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  bluekatrock Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:53 pm

I rarely post in this thread now as sitting at home and watching movies rarely happens.

But this morning I sat and watched Snatch, which I really enjoyed. Brad Pitt's "Pikey" character was great, his Irish accent was good and very funny!...I honestly wasn't expecting it!
But yeah, thought the film was hilarious in places and all the characters were great. I love character driven plots, my faves were Micky, Freddie Four Fingers and Vinnie Jones's character...Something Tony. I can't remember now.

I also watched Fear & Loathing last week- still one of my fave films. That scene where they're on the merry-go-round bar and Dr Gonzo can't get off. I laugh so much.

Very Happy
bluekatrock
bluekatrock

https://www.facebook.com/bluekatrock

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonard Cohen Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

watched moon for the first time this morning. im not a great fan of sparse, development-thin plots so it was already at a disadvantage, but i still really enjoyed it. it was just happily different to how most films are structured these days, and sam rockwell was, of course, amazing.
also, i recently re-watched children of men and district 9. i noticed that all three of these films end at points in their respective chronology that is simultaneously very effective and makes the viewer want to know more. whereas children of men and district 9 just dropped out at a point of intrigue with no further warning (sequel-baiting, no doubt), moon gave a very brief but excellent final farewell by having the floating voices of media folk announcing the events that followed the end of the film. wish more films would do that.
Leonard Cohen
Leonard Cohen
Admin

http://sadsongsforimmaturelovers.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  andrews Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:27 am

I watched Coraline yesterday. Every bit as awesome as i remember it. Smile Coraline had such a great soundtrack aswell. I might see if i can find it in hmv.
Last night i watched Rambo the 2008 one. Quite a bit better than the first one, and i didnt bother watching the 2nd or 3rd one. But yeah pretty awesome movie.
andrews
andrews

Back to top Go down

Post  bluekatrock Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:04 pm

The Usual Suspects.

Now I don't feel like a total loser for not seeing it. I liked it.
I know for a fact that I should watch it again, and I want too. I was expecting it to be more difficult to follow, I don't know why. I sorta saw the "twist" coming, and guessed it right. I think twists are easier to predict these days. But yeah, as a whole it was a good movie.

The film also made me aware of how blue and pretty Steven Baldwin's eyes are! Haha. Razz
bluekatrock
bluekatrock

https://www.facebook.com/bluekatrock

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next